Sunday, November 27, 2011

A tender love and mercy..

January 15th 2010... A day that changed my life. A few days after picking up my brother from his mission. I remember sitting in the hotel room with him reading the Book of Mormon. When he challenged me to read The Book of Mormon once a month and he promised that if I did i would be blessed greatly. He promised me that my character would change that I would be blessed in things that I wouldn't be able to see until later.

Well this week was finally the week that I noticed that. I'm kinda mad that it took me so long.. I feel that thanks to the lack of sleep all week, with emotions, work and family keeping me busy, I finally managed to ponder it through. That blessing was understanding the love of christ.. the love christ had for people that he never knew. In the last few days, I've met new people, in the last few months I've met many, but yet I feel as like I've known them for years, like we've been through so much. I don't really know how to explain it but I can tell you one thing that its a beautiful feeling. To be able to understand someone so well, before even getting to know them. At times I forget and act like I really have known them forever but then I remember that they dont' feel the same way you do. Which sucks most of the time haha. I dunno how to explain it but I think I truly found happiness... Just caring for other, caring for every person you meet. Being able to feel a love for them no matter what their past has been. To be able to understand people at such an intense level is really a wonderful gift.

Luckily enough this week went by as an eye opener and helped me see things the way I needed to. To be able to look through the lords eyes for once and understand what he has in store for me. Even though at times its not what I want, its what I need.

Savior, may I learn to love thee,
Walk the path that thou hast shown,
Pause to help and lift another,
Finding strength beyond my own.
Savior, may I learn to love thee-
Lord, I would follow thee.

Who am I to judge another
When I walk imperfectly?
In the quiet heart is hidden
Sorrow that the eye can't see.
Who am I to judge another?
Lord, I would follow thee.


I couldn't have said it better myself..

No comments:

Post a Comment